We simply think differently.We're passionate about what we do and are passionate in our own lives. We care more and this shows in our quality. We believe in what we do, and are optimistic about having the best clients and deserving every job. We possess the energy necessary to achieve excellence and win your business. We build relationships, and push ourselves -- and those around us -- to succeed. We are adaptable and will always find a way to achieve your goals.
HOW WE WORK
As partners, we apply our 'client-centered' Interior Design philosophy to every project. We work closely with each individual to cultivate a vision for an inspired design that embodies their personality and aesthetic tastes, while meeting their needs for a functional space. We provide professional project management that focuses on a seamless design process, starting from the beginning of the project and following through until the end, striving to keep the job on time and on budget. We specialize in designing the following:
THE DESIGN PROCESS: As your Interior Design Professionals, we will work through every phase of your project to ensure that the final result exceeds your expectations and ensures the health, safety and welfare of all who may use or occupy the space. We can also assist in assembling the other members of the project team, such as: the architect, general contractor, and various consultants for (lighting, commercial equipment, acoustics, art procurement, along with many other valuable trades).The following is an outline that Design Vim is able to provide for all clients at each phase of the design process:
- Planning and Design: feasibility studies, space planning, tenant development, budget analysis, design concepts,
- finish specifications, furniture specifications, art and accessory programsConstruction Coordination: project management, bid management, move-in management, post occupancy
- Calendar life of the project
- Strategic plan (as it relates to the facility, people, and technology)
- Work flow/circulation
- Equipment and technology needs/requirements
- Budgetary and maintenance issues
- Drawings: proposed space plans, detailed drawings, elevations, 3D sketches
- Material samples
- Product cut sheets
- Product mock-ups
- Periodic inspection of work progress
- Review and approval of submittals
- Punch lists of incomplete contract items
- Authorization for payment
- Response to questions from the contractor
- As-built document production
- Field Verification
- Furniture/Finish Selections
- Millwork Design and Hardware Selection
- LEED® Certification
- Lighting Design
- Paint Selection
- Space Planning/Layout
Living abroad throughout most of her childhood in a military upbringing, Victoria Alpha was exposed to some of the world’s most diverse architecture and intriguing designs. Her love for the design build-industry started while living in Europe but followed her back state-side. Realizing this passion was something she could turn into a career, she decided to pursue her BFA in Sustainable Interior Design.
Victoria’s passion for sustainability matched with her diverse background have given her the ability to find forward thinking solutions to every design dilemma. While her own design aesthetic is a true mixed bag, she believes that every space should tell a story. Victoria excels at merging multiple concepts together to tell the unique narrative of every space she has the privilege to design.
In her free time, she’s likely studying more design; finding inspiration and innovation everywhere she can. When Victoria isn’t obsessing over design, you can almost always find her outside taking advantage of all Idaho has to offer. Whether its swimming, hiking, or going for a bike ride along the greenbelt – you can almost always find her trotting around with her adorable little family.
Anyone interested in a glimpse into Katy Hoxsey's creative realm needs to look no further. Katy's work has been featured nationally on the HGTV network, and she has won numerous residential design awards. She has a deep affection for historical buildings and Scandinavian-style design.
While serving with the Army in Operation Iraqi Freedom III 2004-05, Katy was able to utilize her design education by aiding in the funding of several public works projects: women's centers, schools, and clean water systems, to name a few. Working on building projects in a third world country helped Katy better appreciate the high standards by which American builders adhere, which she takes great pride in preserving and enhancing.
If a trip to the Middle East doesn't align with your upcoming travel plans, just hang around Boise. Katy has become a fixture of the Boise design scene, establishing herself as an expert in commercial flooring and architectural finishes.
Katy obtained her National Council for Interior Design Qualification in 2009. An Idaho native, Katy graduated from the University of Idaho in 2006 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Interior Design, with minors in architecture and fine art. She is a past president of Interior Designers of Idaho, a devoted member of PEO (a philanthropic educational organization) and Business Networking International of Southern Idaho.
And don't be scared off by this Veteran of Foreign War. These days she most enjoys traveling, time with friends and family, and being with her husband, daughter, and handsome pooch outdoors.
An interior designer in Boise for more than a decade, Hailie Thomas has experience in a wide variety of design genres. She specializes in modern design with expertise in commercial furniture and space planning.
A native of Idaho, Hailie attended the University of Idaho and graduated in 2004. She earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design, with a minor in architecture. Hailie gained deep Vandal pride during her studies up North as a member of Delta Gamma Fraternity.
Since graduating, Hailie has applied her strong design sensibilities and 'German Swim Coach' work style as an associate in fast-paced, well-established architecture firms. Her experience collaborating closely with architects, engineers, and other project consultants combined with her dedication to perfection and hard work, have assisted Hailie in becoming successful in keeping large-scale commercial projects on track and bringing quality interior environments to life.
Hailie became a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional in 2009 and is the past president of the Interior Designers of Idaho.
Hailie is also an adventure seeker, list maker, and mom. Her job title has recently expanded to include- CEO of the Household, Laundry Machine Operator, Owie Fixer, Hug and Kiss Expert, and Birthday Events Director, to name a few. She lives a happy, domesticated life on the Boise Bench with her husband and two children. The family resides in a mid-century classic house, designed by noted Boise architect Arthur Troutner. She and her husband are working to restore their Boise gem to the home Troutner envisioned in 1951 - Hailie's favorite design era.
How we became the Dynamic Duo
While studying Interior Design at the University of Idaho, Hailie and Katy became acquainted. But it wasn't until they both went to work for an architecture firm in Boise, ID, that they became insta-friends. They shared an interest in investing time in industry organizations as board members for Interior Designers of Idaho and Interior Design Education and Legislation for Idaho. When they wanted to let their hair down, Hailie and Katy would go alpine skiing, take tennis lessons, attend sewing and cake decorating classes, and go hiking with their hyper bird dogs. They took things up a notch when Hailie talked Katy into joining the Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. They both ran two full marathons, a handful of half-marathons, and each raised upwards of $10,000 toward the cause. After teaming up to pursue so many professional and extracurricular activities, the ladies realized they would make a great interior design duo. In 2013, they decided to combine their unique strengths to create Design Vim, LLC. They hit the ground running (that marathon training really came in handy ;)), and haven't looked back.
- American Society of Interior Designers, Single Residence Design Award, North End Residence, 2006
- American Society of Interior Designers, Office Project Design Award, Blackfin Technology, 2006
- Interior Designers of Idaho, i2 Design Award: Best Residential Bath, Frohock Residence, 2009
- Interior Designers of Idaho, i2 Design Award: Best Residential Bath, Huang Residence, 2010
- Building Contractors Association Parade of Homes 2012, Boise Hunter Homes at Harris Ranch: 1st Place Exterior Design, 2nd Place overall Interior Design, 2nd place Master Suite
- Building Contractors Association Parade of Homes, Best Kitchen Design Award, Second Place, 2012
- Building Contractors Association Parade of Homes, Best Exterior Design Award, Third Place, 2012
- Home & Garden Television (HGTV) Show House Show Down & Tahoe Homes Fall Parade Home, 2012
- Building Contractors Association Parade of Homes 2014, Biltmore Company at Bella Terra: 3rd Place Overall Interior Design, 3rd Place Master Suite
- Building Contractors Association Parade of Homes 2015, Zach Evans Construction: 2nd Place Overall Interior Design, 2nd Place Master Suite and 1st Place Best Decorated with Echelon Fine Homes.
- Building Contractors Association Parade of Homes 2016, Zach Evans Construction: 2nd Place Overall Interior Design, 2nd Place Master Suite, 2nd Place Exterior Design.
Hailie's Professional Affiliations:
- NCIDQ® Certificate Number 023608, 2007 *NCIDQ® (National Council for Interior Design Qualification) certification identifies the knowledge and professional practice of Interior Design protecting the health, life safety and welfare of the public.
- LEED® Accredited Professional, 2009 *LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) was developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). LEED® provides building owners and operators a concise framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.
- Member of IDI (Interior Designers of Idaho), 2004-current (Treasurer, 2006, President-Elect, 2007, President, 2008)
Katy's Professional Affiliations:
- NCIDQ® Certificate Number 25658, 2009 NCIDQ® (National Council for Interior Design Qualification) certification identifies the knowledge and professional practice of Interior Design protecting the health, life safety and welfare of the public.
- Member of Business Networking International, 2013-present (President 2014-2015)
- Member of IDI (Interior Designers of Idaho), 2006-current (President 2013, President-Elect 2012, Membership Liaison 2010)
- Member of PEO (Philanthropic Educational Organization), 2004-present
- Veteran of Foreign War Since 2006, Deployment to Operation Iraqi Freedom III 2004-2005
Green is more than just a color.
Design Vim takes a green-minded approach to every design decision. Whether it's choosing a product based on its environmental qualities, using manufacturers with a dedication to using greener methods, or selecting a product that will outlive and out-perform the rest, Design Vim is committed to enhancing interior environments by using methods and products that help improve our planet's future.
Our LEED AP Certified Partner and a member of the US Green Building Council, Hailie Thomas, takes responsibility in protecting our natural resources and is aware of the negative impacts the building industry places on the earth. Hailie can assist in the preparation and submittal of LEED® documentation to obtain formal LEED® Certification from the USGBC.